The AIS Student Council was established on the initiative of Ms. Ros Yana, President of the American Intercon School for academic year 2020-2021. We will accomplish our mission through:
- Providing an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects.
- Leading the students to plan events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare. The student council is the voice of the student body.
- Providing opportunities for students to share experiences, ideas, interests, and concerns with the school wide community.
- Helping others in our community through charitable projects of student council for the less fortunate groups.
The goals of Student Council are to promote a sense of community within the school, to represent a voice for students with the administration, to provide community service, and to raise funds for charitable causes and school improvements.
4. Roles of Student Council
- Gather information of other students.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vice president, campus representatives, club leaders and club members.
- Represent students at all meetings and decisions.
- Responsible for coordinating the selection and division of roles of campus representatives.
- Ensure all branch work processes are effective.
- Able to lead meetings with campus representatives and club leaders at head office on an arranged schedule or have the right to convene emergency meetings if necessary.
B. Vice President
- Build and maintain good relationships with student council president, campus representatives, and club members.
- Represent the president of the student council, attend meetings, programs and decisions on all matters in the absence of the president.
C. Campus Representative
- Conduct quarterly meetings with members (club leaders).
- Responsible for coordinating the selection and division of the club leaders by campus.
- Ensure all the work of the club leaders in the campus effectively.
- Receive and resolve issues reported by the club leader.
- Build and maintain good relationships with student council president, club leaders and club members.
- Respond to the needs and requests of student council president regarding tasks of the club.
D. Team Members
- The secretary assists the President and the Vice President in coordinating or performing various tasks.
- The historian organizes and maintains documents and events that take place in student council activities.
- Students from 7th to 12th grade can join the student council.
E. Club Procedures
- Club leaders can host meetings with members once a month.
- The president has the right to invite members to an emergency meeting if necessary.
- Campus representatives may host quarterly meetings with members.
- President and vice president of student council may host quarterly meetings with campus representatives at the head office.
- The president has the right to invite members to an emergency meeting if necessary or to arrange school events that do not meet the meeting schedule.
In the academic year 2020-2021, the roles the Student Council is to coordinate the five clubs:
- Quality and Discipline
- Event Planner
- Peer to Peer
In addition, the Student Council operates in six campuses of the American Intercon School: Mao Tse Tung (Head Office), Toul Kork Campus, Chak Angre Campus, Chom Chao Campus, Phsar Thmei Campus and Chroy Changva Campus. In the future, the school will open other clubs.
- Share Knowledge
- Gain new experiences
- Build relationships with people around you
- Clear understanding of society
- Be responsible
- Strengthen to solve various problems
- Grow ourselves
- Help each other
- Have leadership.